Details:Name Carnegie Gallery Phone 905 627 4265
Arts Dundas Weekend
Join the Carnegie Gallery in celebrating the local arts and culture of the Dundas community!
The 35th Annual Arts Dundas Weekend will run from November 4th to 7th, 2021. Arts Dundas Weekend brings together local arts organizations in celebration of craft, ceramics, theatre, music, visual art, and poetry.
There are a number of exciting events scheduled for the weekend, including:
● An Asian Paper Folding workshop for kids, facilitated by Jeannie K. Kim at the Carnegie Gallery
● Two virtual video launches at the Carnegie Gallery’s YouTube channel: reading by Bernadette Rule of her new novel Dark Fire and children’s music performance by Paul Fralick
● Precious metal clay pendant workshop at the Dundas Valley School of Art (DVSA)
● Art Walk on King St. in collaboration with the Tower Poetry Society
● “All Roads Lead to Dundas” Exhibit and Facebook Live tour at the Dundas Museum & Archives
● Carnegie Gallery Exhibitions – Emma Smith (ceramics) and Elisabeth Soppelsa (jewellery) in the Main Gallery and Lora Moore-Kakaletris (photography) in The Barber Atrium
● A ceramic decoration demonstration by Emma Smith at the Carnegie Gallery
● An exhibition of work by Wes Bates, along with an artist talk and live wood engraving demonstration at the Carnegie Gallery
● Potters’ Guild of Hamilton and Region Fall Sale at the Ancaster Fairgrounds
● Hamilton Academy of Performing Arts Nutcracker Costume Exhibition
● A tribute in honour of potter Helen Beswick at the Carnegie Gallery
● Mountain Road Band at the Carnegie Gallery
Most events will be free to the public.
Some events require registration and proof of vaccination.
For more details, pick up your handy brochure of Arts Dundas Weekend at the Carnegie Gallery, 10 King St. W., or in other participating locations. A full schedule is also available online.